The Institute of Molecular and Cell Biology offers several possibilities and cooperation options to enterprises:
- cooperation to solve problems according to the conception of the enterprise
- using the infrastructure, inc. apparatuses, of the institute
- joint supervision of PhD and Master projects
- cooperation in developing curricula, inc. traineeship programs
- participation in the Program Council's of the curricula to meet the needs of the labour market
- organization of joint projects (e.g. BioEntrepreneurship Day, company's seminars to students)
- joint student shadow projects
Examples of the running joint projects between companies and the institute.
In this study, initial laboratory tests will be carried out for the biological leaching of metals from various ores and electronic waste.
Traditional species (Acidithiobacillus ferrooxidans) as well as completely new bacterial families (Bacillus, Gluconocacter, Shewanella) are being tested in order to find a suitable microbiological method for separating vanadium and rare earth elements from graptolite argillite and electronic waste.
BiotaTec OÜ is the industrial partner.
The aim of the project is to analyze the expression of recombinant proteins in budding yeast strains. Different expression conditions (temperature, carbon source, medium composition) are tested. The aim is to determine the optimal conditions for the co-production of four different proteins in budding yeast cells.
In silico validation of the efficiency of SARS-CoV-2 primers and probes for the detection of new emerging viral strains and variants. In silico validation of the specificity of PCR primers in detecting SARS-CoV-2 in the background of other organisms.
We develop PCR-based diagnostic tests that would allow detection of Listeria monocytogenes to the level of sequence type (ST). This would give the producers of unprocessed food a fast and inexpensive way for routine monitoring of their products and working environment.
Design and cleaning of recombinant and natural proteins.